As part of the technology training for faculty members in the Department of Educational Communication and Technology, Prof. Alan Foley from Syracuse University led a session on Introduction to the iPad. The session introduced and familiarized participants with the iPad controls, screens, status bar, settings, App management, moving and deleting Apps, creating folders, viewing and closing open Apps, the App store, downloading Apps, the Safari web browser, and some basic functions. Participants then worked at and rotated around seven demonstration stations dealing with (1) an iPad as a document camera, (2) using Keynote (presentation app), (3) using Pages (word processing app), (4) the operating system, (5) access features, (6) using Safari, and (7) using the camera.
- Workshop on Designing Effective Presentations with KU Faculty Members
- iPad Workshop with ICT Champion Teachers and NI3C Staff Members
- iPad Minis as Assistive Technology for Students with Visual Impairments
- Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Education, held July 20-22, 2011, Now Available
- Proceedings of the International Conference on Education, held July 8-10, 2009, Now Available