A three-day workshop on research was held at Kenyatta University on July 19-21, 2016. The workshop was opened by Prof. Paul Okemo, Dean of the Graduate School at Kenyatta University. Presentations were given by:
- Prof. Joanna Masingila (Syracuse University) and Prof. Nicholas Twoli (Kenyatta University) on Developing a Research Concept and Question
- Prof. Penina Kamina (SUNY Oneonta) and Dr. Marguerite Miheso-O’Connor (Kenyatta University) on Writing a Literature Review
- Prof. Joanna Masingila on Designing a High-quality Research Study: Qualitative, Quantitative, or Mixed Methods
- Prof. Penina Kamina on Collecting Data: Qualitative and Quantitative
- Prof. James Rolling (Syracuse University) on Qualitative, Narrative, and Alternative Research Methodologies
- Dr. Abbey Chokera, Mr. Bala Dadare, Dr. Irene Mukiri, Dr. Nyaboke Nduati, Mungai Njoroge, Dr. Peter Rugano, Ms. Stella Rwanda, and Mr. Fredrick Ssempala on Tips for Dissertation Research
After every presentation working groups that were organized by content area met to discuss the presentations and the implications for participants’ research work. The workshop was closed by Prof. Vincent Onywera, Registrar for Research, Innovation, and Outreach at Kenyatta University.